This is a great article to read if you need some ideas how to get your kids more involved in Family Home Evenings. Here are some of the highlights:
1. During opening prayer ask that the spirit will touch the hearts of your children.
2. Have your children help prepare some of the lessons.
3. Using Preach My Gospel to teach your kids, especially if they are to be baptised soon.
4. If a person from your family is away during FHE get them on speaker phone so they can participate.
5. Spend one family night a month with grandparents or other family being sure to include lesson, music, prayer, & treats.
6. Bring discussion and questions into your lessons.
Thomas S. Monson
"I begin with Family Home Evening. We cannot afford to neglect this heaven inspired program. It can bring spiritual growth to each member of the family, helping him or her to withstand the temptations which are everywhere. The lessons learned in the home are those that last the longest."