Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Plant Your Seed

Alma 32
From 32:28-43 this chapter talks about faith being like a seed. Looking for some sign to prove to us that the church is true is not how we gain a testimony. We need to plant the seed of faith in our hearts and nurture it.

28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

I have been so grateful to have this blog to motivate me to read my scriptures everyday. I feel like this is the first time in a long time that I can feel that I am making some real strides in my spiritual growth. I feel like I am experiencing the highlighted part in 28. I feel like my soul is beginning to enlarge, my understanding is more enlightened and the scriptures are becoming delicious to me. I have always had faith in the gospel, it's just nice to feel like I am gaining some ground.

No comments: